- Photocopiable study guide for Charles Dickens’s Great Expectations
- Packed with cross-curriculum activities, covering English, history, drama and art
- CD includes an electronic version of the study guide for whiteboards laptops and digital printing
- Created for Grade 5 and up. Suitable for teaching ages 10-17 (This study guide includes activities for all skill levels, providing many opportunities for differentiated teaching and for the tailoring of lessons to meet individual needs)
- Illustrated with images from the Classical Comics graphic novels but it can be used alongside any version of the book
- 8.5 in x 11.0 in
Great Expectations – Teaching Resource Pack
• US Edition
Designed for the classroom, this resource book (spiral bound for easy photocopying) contains activities and exercises to help the teaching of Charles Dickens’s Great Expectations.
Dickens’s novels, with their memorable characters and dramatic plots, have a particular appeal to students. For instructors, they also offer a wealth of opportunities for teaching. This teaching aid was designed to be used alongside the Classical Comics graphic novels, but it can be used with any version of Great Expectations.
The exercises span curriculums to cover not only literature and literacy, but also history, technology, drama, reading, and more. The book includes activities based on Dickens’s background; a chapter-by-chapter synopsis; linking characters with their descriptions; a Snakes and Ladders game about Dickens’s life; wordsearch and anagrams; and a wealth of other activities.
The age range is 10 to 17 (Grade 5 and up), but of course within that span exists a broad spectrum of skill levels. Therefore, this study guide includes activities for all, providing many opportunities for differentiated teaching and for the tailoring of lessons to meet individual needs.
Examples of some of the activities include:
A CD is included that contains the pages in PDF format so that they can be used on any whiteboard or local intranet system.
US Letter Concealed spiral & CD-ROM