"Cursed be the hands that formed you!"
|It was the dawn of science and technology. Anything seemed possible – even the creation of life itself. Victor Frankenstein
becomes obsessed with this idea and works relentlessly to prove his theories; but the
glory he imagined becomes a living nightmare – not only for him, but for his friends and family too.
Mary Shelley’s gothic horror story is presented as a full-colour graphic novel that is true to this classic tale, bringing this fantastic story to life!
As with all our Classic titles the period is faithful to the author’s intentions, and
there is a choice of two text versions.
The print versions also include a history of Mary Shelley’s intriguing life and how the idea came to her on the banks of Lake Geneva... where a monster was born!
Script Adaptation: Jason Cobley
Linework: Declan Shalvey
Art Direction: Jon Haward
Colouring: Jason Cardy & Kat Nicholson
Lettering: Terry Wiley
• 144 pages, full colour paperback
• 246mm x 168mm x 10mm
Frankenstein is available in 2 versions. Choose the text version to suit your reading level.CLICK ON A BOOK COVER ABOVE TO DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Teaching Resource Pack: Frankenstein
- Photocopiable study guide for Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
- Packed with cross-curriculum activities, covering English, history, drama and art
- CD includes an electronic version of the study guide for whiteboards laptops and digital printing
- Suitable for teaching ages 10-17 (This study guide includes activities for all
skill levels, providing many opportunities for differentiated teaching and for
the tailoring of lessons to meet individual needs)
- Illustrated with images from the Classical Comics graphic novels but it can be used alongside any version of the book
- 297mm x 210mm x10mm
Original Text and Quick Text Version of
Frankenstein on 1 CD-ROM software application
- Switch between text versions at the click of a button
- Click through the book panel by panel at your own speed
- Additional “No-Text” facility gives you the flexibility of bringing in a panel
with no text - let your students say what is going on
- Site Licence edition includes a full set of background art with empty speech bubbles for classroom activities
- Suitable for Mac & PC (on web browsers that can run Adobe® Flash® content)