"I scorn your idea of love and the counterfeit sentiment you offer."
|Charlotte Brontë’s classic 1847 novel follows the life of Jane Eyre from turbulent childhood into the heartaches of adulthood, and is reminiscent of the author’s own experiences. It was written at the dawn of feminism, when female authors were rare, and books about the lives of women were even rarer.
This graphic novel adaptation presents the classic story through beautiful hand-painted artwork by the English artist John M. Burns, giving you a truly wonderful and fulfilling reading experience that you’ll want to return to again and again.
As with all our Classic titles the period is faithful to the author’s intentions, and there is a choice of two text versions.
Script Adaptation: Amy Corzine
Artwork: John M. Burns
Lettering: Terry Wiley
• 144 pages, full colour paperback
• 246mm x 168mm x 10mm
Jane Eyre is available in 2 versions. Choose the text version to suit your reading level.CLICK ON A BOOK COVER ABOVE TO DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Teaching Resource Pack: Jane Eyre
- Photocopiable study guide for Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre
- Packed with cross-curriculum activities, covering English, history, drama and art
- CD includes an electronic version of the study guide for whiteboards laptops and digital printing
- Suitable for teaching ages 10-17 (This study guide includes activities for all
skill levels, providing many opportunities for differentiated teaching and for
the tailoring of lessons to meet individual needs)
- Illustrated with images from the Classical Comics graphic novels but it can be used alongside any version of the book
- 297mm x 210mm x10mm