The Canterville Ghost
"Quick, quick," cried the Ghost, "or it will be too late."
|The American Otis family get more than they bargain for when they move into the English stately home of Canterville Chase. The ghost of Sir Simon de Canterville has roamed the halls and corridors for 300 years, ever since he murdered his wife there; but now this new family has arrived to pester him!
As you would expect from Oscar Wilde,
this charming story is full of humour and wit, dealing with a culture clash between “modern America” and “traditional Britain” in the late 1800s.
In this wonderful tale, Wilde cleverly creates the first gothic horror comedy.
As with all our Classic titles the period is faithful to the author’s intentions, and there is a choice of two text versions.
Script Adaptation: Seán Michael Wilson
Linework: Steve Bryant
Colouring: Jason Millet
Lettering: Jim Campbell
• 136 pages, full colour paperback
• 246mm x 168mm x 10mm
The Canterville Ghost is available in 2 versions. Choose the text version to suit your reading level.CLICK ON A BOOK COVER ABOVE TO DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Teaching Resource Pack: The Canterville Ghost
- Photocopiable study guide for Oscar Wilde’s The Canterville Ghost
- Packed with cross-curriculum activities, covering English, history, drama and art
- CD includes an electronic version of the study guide for whiteboards laptops and digital printing
- Suitable for teaching ages 10-17 (This study guide includes activities for all
skill levels, providing many opportunities for differentiated teaching and for
the tailoring of lessons to meet individual needs)
- Illustrated with images from the Classical Comics graphic novels but it can be used alongside any version of the book
- 297mm x 210mm x10mm